In order to unblock your chakras you need to first find out what is blocking them.
This could be anything from an emotional trauma, stress, or negative thought patterns that have been repeating for years.
Once you’ve found the blocked chakra, you need to release it so that your energy flow can once again be free to circulate around your body.
This article will give you usable and easy methods that show you how to unblock chakras.
Helpful Methods Which Demonstrate How To Unblock Chakras
We are going to learn how you can work to unblock your chakras using some of the most efficient ways possible.
The first step is to make sure you are mentally, physically, and spiritually healthy.
This means at the very basic level, it is wise for you to have a solid grip on a balanced diet, exercise, with decent levels of sleep.
It is recommended that adults should be getting at least 7 hours sleep a night. (Source)
If not, working on these three important areas will bring you more into balance and able to improve your spiritual connection. You can then start to target the area/chakra that you feel needs the most work.
You can take this free 30 second quiz to help you find chakra blockages, if you are unsure at this stage.
Now let’s get into the methods you can employ to start clearing and balancing your chakras.
Meditation is a practice that has been around for centuries.
It is the process of sitting in silence and focusing on one’s breath.
It’s estimated that 200–500 million people meditate worldwide, and that meditation improves anxiety levels 60% of the time. (Source)
The goal of meditation is to clear the mind and remove any mental clutter.
Clear that monkey mind!
Meditation can be done anywhere, but there are certain times when it is more beneficial to do it at home or in a quiet place.
- One should find an area that has no distractions, such as other people, light coming from outside, or loud noises coming from other rooms.
- Second, sit in any position that you feel comfortable (you don’t have to bend your left leg around your neck just yet) and take some deep breaths in and out, with your eyes closed.
- This may feel weird at first, but try and stick with it. Pulling air into your body, begin to exhale slowly, feeling the chest rise and fall. As you exhale, imagine that you are blowing out all of your excess negativity and stress.
- You will notice the monkey mind at play, trying to interupt you with the reminder for the tax bill that is due soon, or that you need milk from the shop. Let this happen and observe.
- Build up your time in meditation daily. Your concentration and also relaxation will improve, and it will translate into your daily life. You may see things, blobs of vivid bright colors, you may feel outstanding levels of peace. These are the first magical steps. Stick with it and carve out your own journey!
The Benefits of Meditation are Endless
Meditation has been proven to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and pain. It can be used in many different ways to help you balance your chakras.
Meditation is not only beneficial for your physical health but also for your emotional wellbeing. It can help you manage feelings such as anger or envy.
You will feel more grounded after a session which will make it easier for you to be kind to yourself and others while feeling less stressed out.
Crystals can be used to unblock the seven main chakras in your body.
- The root chakra
- The sacral chakra
- The solar plexus chakra
- The heart chakra
- The throat chakra
- The third eye chakra
- The crown chakra
There are many, many crystals which correspond to the seven chakras. You can learn more about crystal healing and chakras here.
Follow these steps to clear and balance a blocked root chakra using crystals:
- Find a crystal that resonates with the root chakra (Obsidian, Cuprite etc)
- Hold the crystal in one hand and imagine your root chakra as a ball of red light
- Lie down and place the crystals at the base of your spine. Relax and feel it vibrate.
- Hold the crystal in both hands and imagine light passing through your body from top to bottom
- Place the crystal on your root chakra again and feel it vibrate
This kind of practice can be performed across all seven chakras, using different crystals that relate to the area and any of the blocked chakras in question.
Healing Benefits of Crystals
Crystals are believed to have healing properties. They are used for the treatment of various physical, emotional and spiritual ailments.
Crystals have been around for centuries, with their first mention in a book dating back to 200 BC.
They are still being used today as an effective way to balance your chakras.
3. Healing Music
Healing music is a type of music that is designed to promote healing, relaxation and well-being.
It can be used for many purposes such as for meditation, yoga, massage therapy and more.
A lot of people use healing music to unblock their chakras to encourage and allow the energy to flow freely through the body.
This can be done by using specific sounds or frequencies that are known to have a positive effect on the chakra system.
What are the Healing frequencies for chakras
Healing frequencies are electromagnetic waves that use sound healing to heal the body.
The frequency for each chakra is 7.83 Hz. There are 7 chakras in the body, so each will have a corresponding frequency in that range of 7.83 Hz (7).
There are known to be 6 Original Solfeggio Frequencies (but not limited)
A set of six specific sound frequencies have been shown to produce correspondingly dramatic changes in consciousness, namely when played on a piano.
Each frequency relates to a different chakra and each frequency corresponds to a color.
These are called the “Original Six Solfeggio Frequencies,” or “The Six Healing Solfeggio Frequencies”.
The Original Six Solfeggio Frequencies are:
- Ut – 396hz
- Re – 417hz
- Mi – 528hz
- Fa – 659hz
- So – 741hz
- La – 852Hz
There are some excellent solfeggio healing frequencies on YouTube, one of which is posted below from an excellent channel called MeditativeMind. This clip covers all 9 frequencies.
4. Essential Oils
One of the most effective ways to unblock your chakras is to use essential oils.
Essential oils emit a powerful fragrance that can help you feel more relaxed, grounded, and emotionally balanced.
They are also used as natural remedies for a variety of health problems and are perfect to help your blocked chakra.
Some oils are more powerful than others. For example, lavender oil is known for its soothing and relaxing properties while peppermint oil is a stimulating essential oil.
The following is a list of essential oils that are good for each chakra:
- Root Chakra: Cedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli
- Sacral Chakra: Ylang Ylang
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Bergamot
- Heart Chakra: Rose
- Throat Chakra: Lavender
- Third Eye Chakra: Frankincense
- Crown Chakra: Sandalwood
Essential oils are a great way to balance your chakra.
They can be used in many ways, such as by adding them to your bath water, diffusing them in the air, or applying them topically.
5. Reiki Healing
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”.
It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive.
If one’s “Ki” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
So Reiki can be translated as “spiritually guided life force energy”.
Reiki Healing Steps
In order to do self-reiki on yourself, you will need:
- A quiet space
- Reiki stones
- A towel or mat – plus your hands!
If you cannot find a quiet space, you can still do reiki on yourself by using your breath as a focal point to invoke the healing energy.
- Start by taking a deep breath in through your nose and exhale out of your mouth. Repeat three times, inhaling through your nose and exhaling out of your mouth.
- Once you have completed one round, visualize the air coming into the top of your head to be surrounded by white light. While focusing on this light around the top of your head , use your thumb and index finger to close your eyes.
- While keeping the light in mind, send it down your spine to the base of the spine. Repeat three times, sending the light down from just above the head to about two inches below where it meets with your tailbone.
Do this for a total of five rounds focusing on that spot all at once.
The energy healing benefits of Reiki are clear, having been used for over 100 years it has been proven that Reiki can help people with anxiety, depression, addictions, PTSD, and more.
For professional advice we advise you seek the help of a reiki practitioner, who will be able to treat, guide and advise you appropriately.
Yoga is one of the most popular and effective ways to cleanse your chakras
Yoga is a practice that has been around for centuries and it continues to evolve. It has a variety of benefits, from improving your mood and emotional well-being, to helping with weight loss.
Yoga can also help with pain management and physical rehabilitation.
In fact – 82% of patients surveyed with chronic inflammation reduced inflammation by nearly 50% after just 6 weeks daily yoga.(Source)
There are many different styles of yoga, so there is something for everyone!
Yoga helps to balance the energy in your body so that you can lead a more balanced and fulfilling life.
Yoga poses are a great way to release tension, overcome stress and live in the moment.
Here are some simple yoga poses to try for each chakra:
- For bringing energy up from the roots of your feet – seated forward bend with head in hands
- For opening the heart chakra – crane pose with wings spread
- For grounding and centering – cat/cow pose
- For balancing your chakras – half moon pose with legs extended
The Benefits of Practicing Yoga and How It Can Help You Live a Healthier Life
Yoga is not just about the physical benefits, it also helps with mental health and emotional well-being. Yoga can help you to reduce stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and increase your self-awareness.
Practicing yoga can also help you to improve your posture, sleep better, and have more energy throughout the day.
Give Yoga a try from the comfort of your own home today.
The chakra system is a vital part of Eastern healing, and it’s important to understand that there are different types of food for each chakra.
Understanding the foods that affect your chakras is a great way to create balance in your life.
Some of the best foods for each chakra are:
- Root Chakra: Root vegetables like potatoes and carrots, as well as sour fruits like oranges and lemons.
- Sacral Chakra: Citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits and lemons.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Foods high in sugar such as honey and chocolate.
- Heart Chakra: Healthy fats including avocado, coconut oil, olive oil and nuts.
- Throat Chakra: Sour foods like lemon juice or vinegar can help with this chakra, as can herbs like oregano and basil. Ginger tea is also good.
- Brow Chakra: Ghee and raw cacao are both great for this chakra as are dark leafy greens such as kale, collards, spinach and watercress.
- Crown Chakra: Coconut oil and oils such as hemp seed oil.
The Importance of Eating the Right Foods to Keep Your Chakras Balanced
The human body is a complex system of interdependent parts.
In order to keep your chakras balanced, you should eat foods that correspond with each specific chakra. The list above is a good start.
This will help you stay happy and healthy!
Putting it all together
Let’s look at an example of how one may start work on their root chakra blockages.
It is a great place to start, to explore and to build a really strong foundation, before moving on to other blocked chakras.
The Root Chakra: What is it and How to Balance it
The root chakra is the first chakra in the human body. It is located at the base of the spine, and it has a number of functions.
Responsible for providing energy to all other parts of the body. This energy comes from food, water, air, and sunlight.
This chakra also controls our basic needs such as sex drive and sleep patterns.
What are the Signs of a Root Chakra Imbalance?
If it is imbalanced, it can affect every aspect of our lives.
The signs of imbalance are:
- Not feeling grounded
- Feeling like you are living in your head
- Feeling disconnected from your body
- Having trouble sleeping
- Having a hard time trusting others
- Being too attached to material things
How to Balance Your Root Chakra
When it gets out of balance we may experience some kind of anxiety or depression.
- We could start by using some gentle meditation, every day for 5 minutes. Building up to as much or as little as we would like.
- Incorporate more red and root foods into our daily diet, fruits and vegetables that grow below ground and anything that is red or orange in color.
- Grounding exercises such as walking barefoot on grass, spending time in and around nature (meditate inside of a peaceful forest or wood), walk barefoot through a stream or river.
- Use crystals such as red jasper, place them on the area near to your back whilst lying down, walk whilst holding them. Wear as jewellery.
- Try some yoga poses, ease your way into them or if you are advanced, go for something more challenging. The Cat Pose: This pose stimulates circulation by stretching out your spine from head to tailbone while also opening up your chest area. The Cobra Pose energizes the energy of your body by both stretching and stimulating circulation at the same time. While doing this pose, you need to focus on breathing deeply into your belly, which will help to stimulate the area around your stomach.
Everybody is different, – you have to experiment! Have fun with it too – it is what makes our journeys unique.
How to Unblock Chakras: Summary
As you can see, there are many, many methods we can tap into to help unblock your chakras, and free up our energy flow.
From meditation, to yoga poses, crystals right down to drawing or playing the piano!
Clearing blocked chakras from third-eye chakra all the way down to an overactive root chakra, can be done in an enjoyable manner which allows you to reap the benefits inside and start to rebuild your spiritual energy center.
Please give yourself some time, and experiment with many of the methods listed above.
If at any point you or any other person has a genuine medical concern or condition, you should consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment immediately.
Can I unblock my own chakras?
The chakra system is a complex and intricate system of energy centers that are located in the body. There are seven major chakras, which together make up the human energy system. These channels of energy are located along the spine, and each one is responsible for a different aspect of our lives.
Unblocking your chakras can help you live a more fulfilling life, as it will help to balance your energies and allow you to feel more at peace with yourself.
How can I clear my chakras at home?
There are many ways to clear your chakras at home. You can use crystals, colors, music, and more. The most popular way is by using a chakra balancing kit which includes a set of seven colored stones as well as incense and oils that correspond to each chakra.
You can also use the colors of the rainbow. The colors represent different energies in your body. Red is for passion, orange for creativity, yellow for intellect, green for healing, blue for intuition and communication, indigo for spirituality and purple is for power.